Photo

Alexander Hall is named for our former Chancellor, Lincoln Alexander, who was Canada’s first black Member of Parliament, first black chair of the Worker’s Compensation Board, and first visible minority appointed as Ontario’s Lieutenant Governor. At age 20, he was in the Air Force during WWII, and became a lawyer in 1953. He excelled in all that he did, with humor, humility and compassion and was named Companion of the Order of Canada. #futuregryphons #uofg

Photo

The President’s House - Built in 1882, this residence was originally built for the Professor of Agriculture, whose position was considered more important than that of the Principal or President of the Ontario Agricultural College.

George Irving Christie (1928-1947) was the first President to occupy the house. Mordechai Rozanski was the last President to occupy the house in 2003; it is now used as a site for official University functions. #futuregryphons #uofg

Photo

Mills Hall is a co-ed residence that originally opened in 1921. Today is the residence application deadline for new students. #futuregryphons #uofg

Photo Set

The Light in Her Eyes (2011)

Wisdom.. truly!

(via britsyho)

Source: slumkitty
Video

Lipdub by the College of Biological Science Student CouncilĀ 

Photo

MINS is the building code on your course schedule. Macdonald Institute was one of the three founding colleges of the University of Guelph. It’s now home to Family Relations and Applied Nutrition (BASc).

Photo

The Cannon, or “Old Jeremiah” sits in Brannion Plaza and gets painted virtually every night in the fall and winter. It’s rumoured to have seen action in the War of 1812. After World War 1, the barrel of the cannon was plugged and it was brought to campus in remembrance of those who lost their lives during the war. #futuregryphons #uofg